Oracle of Secrets is a complete overhaul of the original Link to the Past for the Super Nintendo.
Development began in 2013 and has been progressing in some form lately.
The game features several new aspects different from Link to the Past, such as:
- ▲ Overhauled Light and Dark World.
- ▲ Seven main dungeons and three sacred shrines (mini-dungeons)
- ▲ Completely NEW items such as the Roc's Feather and Slingshot
- ▲ Reworked items like the Ice Rod, Ocarina, and Gloves
- ▲ New music tracks, OoT Lost Woods and Zelda 1 Dungeon Theme
- ▲ New graphics, fresh menu, original story, lots of secrets and more!
The game includes a large amount of work created by prominent members in the Zelda3 rom hacking community over at Zeldix
such as SePH, Conn, and Euclid.
Primary tool being used for overworld and dungeon editing is Hyrule Magic.
Design of the overworld is done by myself with the usage of graphic sourced from past Zelda titles, SpritersResource, Zeldix community assets and abandoned Zelda hacks like Legends of Hyrule and Lyra Islands. Some areas from those hacks have been adjusted or ported over to this hack. Dungeons are entirely original designs by myself.
Changes in Detail
- ▲ Link appears as he did in the Minish Cap (ghillie)
- ▲ Ocean area requires combination to proceed (Euclid)
- ▲ Pressing the L button during monologue allows it to be skipped (Conn)
- ▲ Slingshot added as precursor to Bow&Arrow (Conn)
- ▲ Force Boomerang added as final upgrade with Lv2 Sword Power and KO potential (Conn)
- ▲ Goldstar added as upgrade to hookshot, works as ball and chain from Morning Star enemies (Conn)
- ▲ Worn-Out Glove added as precursor to the Power Glove, only lifts one rock per screen (Conn)
- ▲ Ice Rod freezes water, allowing it to be walked on with a slippery tile effect (Conn)
Release and Demo
I plan on releasing a base version of the game and then continuing to put out updates with additional content that I've planned. Because it has been so many years and I've had many people come to me anxious to play the game, I feel like it would be best to put out the finished overworld, main eight dungeons, and fleshed out story first. After that I would add the dark world mini dungeons which give you access to more items and upgrades. Finally, I would add a second quest to the game that can be unlocked upon collecting tablets from each dungeon.